Samsung Internet Beta gives you early access to the newest features of our secure, private and optimized mobile web browser.
Security & Privacy * Smart Anti-Tracking Intelligently identify domains which have cross-site tracking ability and block storage (cookie) access.
* Protected Browsing We will warn you before you can view known malicious sites to prevent you from visiting web sites which may try to steal your data.
* Content Blockers Samsung Internet for Android allows 3rd party apps to provide filters for Content Blocking, making browsing safer and more streamlined.
UI Improvements * History Navigation By long-pressing on back or forward button at bottom bar, you can easily launch a popup with the full history of the current tab, and click one of them to move the specific web page.
* Easy to see all your notifications We provide collection of all notifications you’ve gotten from web pages at ‘Notifications’ menu in Settings, so that you can easily check all notifications in one place.
* Save All Images All images from a web page can be saved at once.
* Reader Mode Reader Mode allows you to read articles clearly and comfortably. Now you can customize Reader Mode’s appearance by choosing the font, font size and background.
* URL Bar The URL bar shows a badge for allowing quick access to Reader Mode. Also an Add To Homescreen button which allows installation of Web Apps in a single tap.
* Download Manager Download files faster with our new optimised, parallel download system, with availability of pause, resume and cancel download.
* Tab Swipe Swipe left or right in the URL bar or bottom toolbar, to navigate to your previous/next tab.
* High Contrast Mode High Contrast Mode can be enabled in the settings of Samsung Internet, for those who require increased contrast to view webpages more comfortably like visually impaired.
More Comfortable Samsung Internet supports features that make your everyday browsing more comfortable.
* Samsung Internet in Share panel When you want to open a url or search a keyword which presents on any android app, you can simply select it and click share menu, then you can find Samsung Internet in Share panel.
* Amazon Shopping Assistant Amazon Shopping Assistant can be turned on to enable you to get the best deals when shopping on the web by comparing products with Amazon.
Better integrated with Samsung devices Samsung Internet aims to provide a consistent and continuous user experience among various Samsung devices.
* You can use biometric authentication for website logins, Web Payments and accessing Secret Mode, on supported Samsung devices. * Place the phone into a Gear VR headset when you are viewing a web page and it will open in immersive Virtual Reality. * Optimized for desktop browsing with DeX. * Transfer Quick Access items across devices (where each device has version 8.2+) using Smart Switch.
Engine Version We are using Chromium 67 as the browser engine.
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
Required permissions none
Optional permissions Telephone: Used to check device-unique identification information for app analysis information Location: Used to provide location-based content requested by the user or location information requested by the webpage in use Camera: Used to provide webpage shooting function and QR code shooting function Microphone: Used to provide recording function on webpage Contacts: Used to get the device account information for cloud sync Storage: Used to store files when downloading from webpages
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions. Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.